Publishing a book is the best way to be taken seriously in business. A book brings you instant credibility, positioning you as an authority in your industry or area of business. Books (and e-books) are particularly good for educating your prospects about complex, sophisticated solutions to problems that need to be explained in some depth. They can be used to present the pros and cons on issues of importance to your prospects, as well as offer insights and point to specific solutions that have worked. Publishing a book can result in any number of benefits to you:
- Establish a thought leadership position
Offer insights on issues important to your readers.
- Target new markets
Describe a new type of solution your prospects haven’t seen before.
- Gain visibility with analysts and other influencers
Demonstrate how your ideas, products, services has led directly to business improvement.
- Increase market awareness of problems you can solve
Describe a problem (that prospects don’t realize is a problem) in a new way and propose an original solution.
- Leverage a book to create new marketing channels
Books provide the media a legitimate means of talking about you. Publish book excerpts in other media — business publications, industry trade journals, online syndication.
- Provide your sales force with a valuable sales tool
Bring a clear, unique point of view that distinguishes your company from your competitors.
- Generate leads
Demonstrate your practical know-how to drive business to your website and generate social media buzz.
How strongly does publishing a book influence your ability to generate new leads?*
- 56% of authors reported a “strong” or “very strong” influence on their ability to generate more leads for their services.
*Wellesley Hills Group, The Business Impact of Writing a Book, 2008.