Exam and desk copies of our books can be requested from the academic division of our distributor, Perseus Academic.
Examination copies are available to qualified instructors in the United States and Canada who are considering a title for course adoption. Fees for exam copies are as follows:
- $5.00 US per paperback exam copy
- $10.00 US per hardcover exam copy
Qualified professors in the United States and Canada are entitled to desk copies of adopted titles based on the total enrollment for the class.
- Enrollment 1-30 = One (1) desk copy
- Enrollment 31-50 = Two (2) desk copies
- Enrollment 51+ = Three (3) desk copies
If you require additional desk copies, email Perseus Academic at email@example.com.
How to Request an Exam or Desk Copy
Go to Perseus Academic’s Exam and Desk Copy Policy web page: http://www.perseusacademic.com/exam-desk-copy-policy
If you know the book you’re looking for, you can search for it by ISBN, title, or author. Or, browse the full title list by subject and course title using the academic discipline list.
Once you’ve found a book you’d like to request, select “Request Desk Copy” or “Request Exam Copy” on the book page.
- All exam copies are shipped via UPS. Please allow 2–3 weeks for delivery.
- Perseus Academic cannot ship to P.O. Boxes or APO/FPO addresses. Please provide a street address.
- If you have any questions regarding your order, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Perseus Academic Customer Service at (800) 343-4499.
- For rush or special requests, please email email@example.com
If you place an exam copy request for a book that has not yet been published, Perseus Academic will backorder your request for twelve (12) months. If the book you requested is temporarily out of stock, Perseus Academic will backorder your request for 90 days.
For Instructors Outside the United States and Canada
For instructors outside the United States and Canada, Perseus Academic offers inspection (examination) copies of paperback editions only. That inspection copy is then used by the professor if the title is adopted for course use. To request an inspection copy, lecturers outside the United States and Canada should email the international office of Perseus Academic’s parent company, Perseus Books Group, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate book title, author, ISBN, name of course(s), date of commencement, and anticipated number of students. You will be sent a questionnaire to complete. Within one month of receipt, please return the completed questionnaire.