Bobbi Rebell wrote How to Be a Financial Grownup: Proven Advice from High Achievers on How to Live Your Dreams and Have Financial Freedom to raise awareness about the urgent need to promote financial literacy.
According to PwC, less than a quarter of millennials (18-35 years old) demonstrated basic financial knowledge. A lot of that has to do with our failure to prioritize teaching financial literacy in the classroom.
PwC found that only 12 percent of K-12 teachers incorporate financial education into their classroom.
Please join Bobbi in supporting one of the book’s financial Role Models Charles Best and his organization DonorsChoose.org in funding classroom projects that help teachers and students learn about money and prepare for their financial future as adults.
DonorsChoose.org makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.
- Pre-order the hardcover book from either Amazon.com or another retailer.
- Share your support for financial literacy on social media. Please include links to our donorschoose.org/financialgrownup page and to where you bought the book. Bonus points if you can include an image of the book! Sample Tweet: I support #financialliteracy #donorschoose by reserving my copy of #financialgrownup. Please join me and contribute here: DonorsChoose.
- E-mail screen grabs of both, within two weeks of purchase, to email@example.com. Be sure to put Donors Choose Gift Card Promotion in the headline.
- We will send you a gift code for $18 (the approx current selling price on Amazon.com).
- Go to DonorsChoose.org/financialgrownup and support an amazing teacher and his/her students!
Bobbi will be donating 100 percent of her speaking fee profits to DonorsChoose.org for the entire calendar year of 2016. To book her to speak email firstname.lastname@example.org or Adam Kirschner at email@example.com.
To donate to financial literacy projects at DonorsChoose.org go to DonorsChoose.org/financialgrownup.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.